National Honor Society requires seniors to log 36 hours of volunteering by the end of their senior year. For those who are unsure of where to get volunteer hours, here are a few places and ideas of where to go:
· Churches in Mission: Thursdays, 6-8 p.m.
· Morgan County Humane Society (age restrictions)
· Mooresville Public Library (pages are needed)
· The Mooresville Senior Center (especially for their rummage sale)
· Multiple Sclerosis Association of America- Swim for MS to raise awareness; set a swim goal and invite others to get involved
· CitiIMPACT Volunteer Missions (Christian Humanitarian & Missions) Help tackle causes such as poverty, injustice and cleaning up disaster zones
· AMIGOS: Travel and volunteer in Latin America. (education, environmental and community health projects)
· American Public Media: Talk with a reporter and answer questions about subjects that may be worthy of a story.
· Boys’ and Girls’ Club
· St. Francis Hospital
· Pioneer Park
· Community Foundation
· Elementary School Events
Popular posts from this blog
by Cassidy Kelley Food drive donations from MHS reached an all-time high with a total of 4,749 canned and boxed goods; a significant rise from the 938 that were collected last year. Mr. Clint Swalls’ class brought in an average of 42 items per student, thus winning them the free breakfast. Mr. Matt Bosworth’s class came in a close second with an average of 34 cans per student. Great job Pioneers!